Monday 25 February 2013

1st Week


On Monday 18th Feb I took my first steps into the world of employment outside local government.   The levels of excitement had grown over my last couple of weeks in Cambridgeshire but on the Sunday evening I found myself nervously making sure that I had everything ready for the next day – including a mad panic trying to find my passport – like a school boy getting ready for the first day of term!!  Arriving at the office I had a million and one questions, but as the new Chief Executive I’m sure the staff had a million and one questions for me.  The first week was the usual – induction, how the tea club works, being introduced to people then desperately trying to remember their names when you bump into them next.

As it turns out I needn’t have been that nervous.  The team at TSI have been very welcoming and friendly, are clearly hard working and ready for the challenges ahead – all fantastic traits.  So at the end of week one the nerves are gone, replaced by a real sense of excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment