Wednesday 3 July 2013

A few conference blogs.


 

I had intended to blog everyday from conference but for some strange reason I was quite busy.  So the next few will be a day by day account

Monday

I travelled down late morning to Brighton knowing that the team had prepared well and everything was on track.  It was an enjoyable journey and I managed to get a lot of e-mails done on the train.  I dropped my bags off and headed to the Brighton Centre mid-afternoon, excited to see how it was all going – well of course.  Having no crisis to attend to I decided to make myself useful and help out on reception.   I hope, like me, found the new electronic registration system worked well.  It was good to meet and great friends and colleagues and we were busy due to the fact that there were mini-theatre sessions running in the afternoon.  I also took the chance whilst there to look at the Playsafe entries and the TSI video booth.  Just loved the colour scheme.

The afternoon seemed to fly by and before I knew it the welcome reception was starting.  This year we decided to hold it in the exhibition space and the mixture of the buzz of the exhibition, some chilled out music and refreshments made it an excellent start to the week.  After that I shot across the road to the branch welcome drink.  Of course I was home at an extremely early hour, to make sure that I was fresh for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment