Thursday 23 May 2013

A royal treat


Yesterday I had the great pleasure of attending a garden party at Buckingham Palace.  I must admit to feeling like a giddy child as I waited with my better half Eileen at the gates.  When we got in, the gardens were a truly magnificent sight.  

By chance I met a number of people I know including one of our Board members Ian Warwick.  We had a lovely plate of sandwiches and cake before we queued to see the Queen walk by on the way to the royal tent.  A number of people had been chosen to talk to the Queen – for example Janet Russell from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health whom I also happened to bump into.  Unfortunately we hadn’t been chosen for this, but we had an amazing day – save for the tired feet from walking round the vast gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment