Friday 17 May 2013

Three days of excellence

Before I left to go on my trip I had three really exciting days.  The first was on the Wednesday when, alongside Graham Jukes, we judged the shortlisted entries for our MJ award.  It was a great reminder to me of the truly positive impacts both trading standards and environmental health services can have on their communities.  Tired, but inspired, we debated long and hard before choosing a winner - but you will need to wait until the awards dinner in June to find out who won.

I then had the pleasure to meet the 2012 Playsafe winners at the House of Lords.  The four young winners were amazing – a really positive representation of their generation.  My heartfelt thanks go to the British Toy and Hobby Association for their continued support of this awards and our profession as a whole.  I look forward to seeing the 2013 Playsafe entries at our Conference in June!

I spent the Friday in Hampshire hearing about some of the challenges trading standards there are facing and their plans to address them.   It was really good to see constructive dialogue between all parties.  Not only are they an excellent service now but they are developing some clear plans for the future.   

No comments:

Post a Comment