Friday 17 May 2013

Four boys in a boat

Sorry I’ve not blogged for a while but I’ve been enjoying a few days down in sunny (sort of) Devon with a few of the boys.  I say boys but I was the youngest by some 11 years and we certainly showed our age with lots of early nights.  It was good to catch with old friends from my time at Westminster and to hear about how things are there. 

Talking of old friends; in a tiny village in Devon I bumped into Christine Wade, ex-head of Essex Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading.  She was looking well and certainly better than me –I’d just walked up and down one of the local hills! 

A personal recommendation for those of you who know the Ferry Boat on the waterfront at Dittisham.  On the first Sunday of the month during the summer they have a “beachside” party with a live band and a good BBQ and paella.  We certainly enjoyed ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment