Friday 8 March 2013

Week three and look at me!!


Don't worry, I haven't suddenly grown a massive ego – no more than I already have anyway! The title refers to the fact that today I was interviewed by TS Today editor, Sarah Juggins. It was really nice to have the chance to just chat about my background, hopes and aspirations for the Institute and profession. I won't spoil the article by revealing too much but suffice to say working together featured highly.

Elsewhere this week I have spent more time getting to understand the business's needs, attending ACTSO meetings and sitting on the M11 when it was shut yesterday – if only the Highways Agency was run by a TSO!!

In the office we have had discussions about our communications functions and what we need to deliver not only the Institute's work but the additional support we have agreed to provide to the National Trading Standards Board. Exciting times but really important that we get our messages right.

On Thursday I popped my head in on some discussions that Phil Owen (who leads for us on training and events) and his team were having with the Local Registration Services Association. Those who know me won't be surprised that I timed my popping in to coincide with lunch! We are pleased to be helping the LRSA deliver its membership services – after all it is another organisation supporting local authority members and services. Whilst talking about Phil's team it's good see the positive feedback that we've received about the Year Ahead held in early Feb – well done guys.

Have a good weekend and happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.

1 comment: