Tuesday 19 March 2013

Welsh double!


In my time as Chairman of the Institute one of the things I enjoyed most were the trips to branches, especially when they coincided with another event.  So last March I found myself in Wales to speak at their trading standards conference and attend the regional heat of the Young Consumer of the Year (YCoY).  It was a thoroughly enjoyable couple of days and really pleasing to see such good support in Wales for the competition.  That's why I was really pleased to hear from Alison Farrar of the lovely Isle of Anglesey about this year's regional heat.  In an apparently nail biting finish Brynteg Comprehensive beat off stiff competition to win by one point.  I wish them well in the final that takes place at our annual Conference in June and congratulate not only the winners but also the other nine teams that took part.  The competition could not take place without the support of the schools, teachers, services and sponsors so I thank them all. 

As far as I'm aware that was the only competitive event of any significance that has happened in Wales this week.  Well despite being a hardened English rugby fan I don't think I can call the events at the Millennium Stadium as competitive!!

I am attending the London regional YCoY final this week and will let you know how the teams get on.

You can read the press release for the YCoY regional final here http://www.tradingstandardswales.org.uk/news/news-item.cfm/newsid/67

No comments:

Post a Comment